General chat forum for all students.

Moderators: English Moderators, French Moderators, German Moderators

By Andrew
A new way to learn with Institute of Play

Will new technologies change the way we learn and educate?

'In the old model knowledge is a set of facts that are static that you try to pour into a student's head, and in the new model knowledge is created in a community, it's always alive and as the students are learning they are participating - the students are no longer consumers of knowledge - they are producers.' - Brian Waniewski

A new model where education becomes a game of discovery... is this the future for education?

Source: Institute of Play
By Michael
Damn that's nice, hope they move forward with such learning techniques in our country, though I very much doubt it will happen any time soon with our current state.
By PeterG
It's really optimistic to know that somewhere in the world people are trying to make the education system better. Although, it will take a long time for Greece to adopt it, it gives me hope that the world can change for the better
By ChrisS
At last we won't any more be just simple consumers of knowledge but also users of it. Also the whole idea of electronic education is still far from being accomplished but the first stone has been set and that's promising.
By ManosA
New technologies will change the way education is being done. Students are given the opportunity to think and create the lesson by themselves and this will enable them to indulge in new horizons of knowledge.
By MatinaT
Eventually technology will not only change our way of life but also the way we learn. It is very promising that there are people who are searching for new methods of learning that are more pleasant and easier for the students.

However, such methods are so unlike to be used in our country but we can still hope!
By VasilikiR
Well, I think that such an educational system is only theoretically practical for students to expand their knowledge. Since I have noticed that when different educational methods are used by my teachers they have not had the same effect on students as traditional methods! So, as there is a huge amount of different things that students (at least in Greece) must be taught every year, this new educational method will fail.

So, in my opinion although using technology for education seems very attractive it will not have the result that lots of people expect...! We can only use it after school studies until it becomes an official educational method, then the whole system and the way we are thinking will have to change! :?
By ManosA
MatinaT wrote:Eventually technology will not only change our way of life but also the way we learn. It is very promising that there are people who are searching for new methods of learning that are more pleasant and easier for the students.

However, such methods are so unlike to be used in our country but we can still hope!
like...
By DionyssosKB
In the beginning, the main concept of the video seems to be
an alternative way of educating children.

A way of teaching them how to seek the knowledge they want
through some interactive games instead of brainwash them with raw knowledge.

But in the end we understand that it was only an
implicit advertisement of Samsung's galaxy note 10.1 .... :roll: :mrgreen:
By Andrew
DionyssosKB wrote:But in the end we understand that it was only an
implicit advertisement of Samsung's galaxy note 10.1 .... :roll: :mrgreen:
Most likely, but it would seem that the Institute of Play is being supported one way or another by industry giants in the pursuit of innovative methods in education.