New Ways of Learning - Page 2

General chat forum for all students.

Moderators: English Moderators, French Moderators, German Moderators

By AnastasisS
Although that's a very well organised advertismennt about the brand new SAMSUNG tablet, it's very good, technology has changed our lives and it still does but in my opinion learning would be more efficient if these people were using a windows tablet instead of an android tablet. :o
Check out these links,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5pFkNQ7no
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2012231/ ... blets.html
and also watch this video about an amazing Device (which might be better than Samsung galaxy tab 10.1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8eVJrLYSrw :ugeek:

Image :ugeek:
Last edited by AnastasisS on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By PanagiotisA
:o I am personally very happy about the way that new technologies help students and the lesson, which suddenly becomes much more interesting. It is really amazing what computers can do nowadays and I hope that in Greece we get to see and use new ways of learning. ;)
By Andrew
AnastasisS wrote:Well, that's very good, technology has changed our lives and it still does but in my opinion learning would be more efficient if these people were using a windows tablet instead of an android tablet. :o
The point is what is done with the device to improve education... who makes the device is irrelevant. Competition between the competitors of course should help to create innovation but I feel that is not the point in this discussion.
By CatherineA
This was really inspiring. It would be incredible if students had the opportunity to enjoy learning.

Of course this is far from happening especially in our country. I agree to what Vasiliki said about the many attempts the Greek government has made on improving the educational system (like the computers we got given in first grade of junior high school ) and how they don't really work but when you keep trying you always make it in the end, so we can still hope.

You never know what the (far, far, far, far, far, far...) future holds! We might actually see this happening one day.
By DimitraB
Technology has already influenced us in many different aspects of our lives except from education until now. I really fancy this new method and I wonder when Greece is going to give it a try. Nevertheless, I'm not very sure that everyone can adapt to the changes because of the fact that knowledge was always presented as something that needed to be poured into a student's head, according to the opinion of Brian Waniewski . ;) :D
By ChrisP
FINALLY!! Rejoice the miracles of technology :D . Now thanks to these pioneering teaching techniques, instead looking forward for their school lesson to end, students will be looking forward to it!!

Children will be able to learn useful things from school without having to learn sixteen subject books by heart. And that is because books will no longer be used since every student will use a tablet . That way, not only anticipate even the most boring subjects, but also millions of trees will be saved because there will be no demand for paper by the educational section because books will be withdrawn. And trust me, right now we really need some extra trees.
By ConstantinosS
This method of learning will not only improve our educational system but also help students understand the world easier. Imagine a world where everyone goes to school with one tablet and not with the heavy bag, which contains some books that only show letters. In my opinion the best method of learning is working on your own and studying pictures, something that you are unable to do with books.

Finally, we all hope something like this will make its way to our country but this will happen only in the far future and only if we improve ourselves and not make the situation worse than it is.
By EufemiaK
Gadgets do play a role in learning, which seems to me a very good idea and of course very attractive. The lessons, that are going to be taught, will be more pleasant for the students who attend them. Provided that we all like using electronic devices. I for one will be waiting for these radical changes in education with a lot of excitement.
By PeterT
Well I believe that technology will definitely change our way of learning. These new devices that have been invented will help us learn more easily and we will be able to say "I want to learn!!!". We will be learning and playing at the same time. These devices will help us be productive. We can turn knowledge into something fun and creative. Learning shouldn't have to mean a blackboard, chalk, books and pencils. Learning should take part not only in the classroom, but in the real world. Students should be able to take a simple everyday event and research it and from that learn many different things. I hope someday our country will be able to adopt this new way of teaching.
LEARNING=ENTERTAINMENT!!! ;) :D