Tolkien Fans take Heed!

General chat forum for all students.

Moderators: English Moderators, French Moderators, German Moderators

By Andrew
Well most us have seen the trilogy The Lord of the Rings, right? But how many of you have actually read the books? And you call yourself a fan!

Shame on you! :o

The films were great, but did you know there are a couple of great short films available for free to watch over the net?

If you haven't seen The Hunt for Gollum yet, I highly recommend it - it's free and in glorious High Definition makes for a great 40 min of evening entertainment. When you have time click here to watch it.

Also, make sure you bookmark Born of Hope as well, it will be out soon and should be just as good, if not better.

Finally, in 2011 The Hobbit Movie will be finished and playing at a cinema near you. Who knows, we might even arrange a school trip to the premiere...like we did with the Lord of the Rings. Sounds like a good idea eh? ;)
By Simone
Sounds like an excellent idea!

The Lord Of The Rings trilogy was a fantastic read and I highly recommend it to those of you who still have not read it ;)
By ArthurM
I totally agree, the trilogy was very nice ;) ...however, it's a pity I won't be doing English in 2011 and I'll miss the school trip :cry:
By Andrew
Not to worry, I'm sure you'll get an invite to such a special occasion. ;)