Dogs' brain scans reveal vocal responses.

General chat forum for all students.

Moderators: English Moderators, French Moderators, German Moderators

By Andrew
Dogs' brain scans reveal vocal responses.

Devoted dog owners often claim that their pets understand them. A new study suggests they could be right.

By placing dogs in an MRI scanner, researchers from Hungary found that the canine brain reacts to voices in the same way that the human brain does.

Emotionally charged sounds, such as crying or laughter, also prompted similar responses, perhaps explaining why dogs are attuned to human emotions.

Read the rest of the article here:
BBC News Science & Environment

The work is published in the journal Current Biology.
It is really amazing how smart these creatures are. I own a dog so I am sure that dogs understand not only vocal responses but words too. Personally I believe that dogs are similar with humans but kinder and friendlier than us, and that is probably the reason why dogs can stand humans. I read an article that said that when the dog sees its boss, it exudes the same substance that a human being exudes when he is in love and as Josh Billings once said, a dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself and how can we disagree??

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”
― Mark Twain
By Andrew
ViviannaK wrote:I read an article that said that when the dog sees its boss, it exudes the same substance that a human being exudes when he is in love and as Josh Billings once said, a dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself and how can we disagree??
That is amazing, it just goes to show why we should be more compassionate towards them.